Friday, May 23, 2008

podcasts

I recently learned how to use audacity, an e-learning authoring tool. I had the privilege of interviewing two (2) e-learning experts, Stephen Downes and Pamela Berman. Both are brilliant individuals, technologically saavy, sincere-hearted educators. While preparing for my interviews, I researched both individuals to understand their backgrounds and their expertise. Additionally, I also listened to other podcasts that are conducted regularly and professionally. (For example: Kevin Nash on KJLH radio). I learned that I am not proficient in podcasting, that I have more to learn and need a lot more practice. I also learned that I am already one step closer to that goal because I did it and I will do it again and again until I am better and use the tool with ease. I often find myself listening to this little voice, a lying voice, that tells me my worth is based in my performance. I am seeing the truth clearly that the opposite is true.....my worth is not based in my performance, it just is. I did not walk as soon as I exited my mother's womb, nor will I attain "perfection" in mastering e-learning authoring tools on day 1. I can enjoy the process, which includes falling down or making a podcast that is not "all that" in regards to audibility. Oh well....it was fun! :)

No comments: