Monday, December 22, 2008

End of the year


I finished another quarter towards my Masters Degree in Education a few weeks ago. The class invigorated my heart and mind as I realized the huge goliath of social injustices that plague our soceity, even our schools. I think my Dad would call me a mush-head. I know I am thinking critically and want to continue living in a conscious state of mind, not ruled by habit or comfortability. It's the struggle.
I made a goal to connect emotionally with a man of interest because I want to marry an amazing man with integrity, heart, style, personality, height, and faith. I am becoming a butterfly, waiting to take flight in freedom to live my life now. No living on the sidelines or watching other people live their life on reality t.v. I have a lot to do while I'm here.

I have so many wonderful parts to my life - family, friends, nature, my doggy, my car, a job, reasonable health, great roommates. Even still, my heart aches for my life partner....the man I can share a sunset with or make funny noises with. I think I am weary, not of waiting or anything like that...just in general. Running a business stretches me like I was silly-puddy. I am working harder than I ever thought possible. I recently learned that the person I fear committing to the most is me. God has presented me with many wonderful opportunities for growth in life, in thought, in love, in understanding. I get to be around children that love me - which always blows me away and fills my heart at the same time. I get to run a company when I studied to teach. I have been trusted with much. I have a mom that adores me and supports me and we have a working relationship today. I have a brother who gives me a hard time, but also loves me. He's actually really cool. I have roommates, one of which I am adopting because she is the little sister I don't have - but I do now! I live in an amazing apartment with wonderful landlords. I have friendships that go deeper than what is visible to the naked eye. I have so much support and love around me - nothing I deserve. So I am thankful. Thank you everyone for loving and supporting me and believing in me and helping me be the best me today. Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year!

No comments: