Tuesday, April 29, 2008

the processes of learning e-learning

e-learning poses serious questions, which if I were teaching in a classroom today might not concern me....we will blame it on the fear of the unknown....like sitting on the beach after sunset looking out into the ocean that normally soothes my soul in daylight, frightens my core in darkness. How do I protect my children from delirious predators when the walls on a computer never end and don't necessarily protect......like that film Hellraiser. I realize that is quite a tangent, so alleve my fears. Assure me....how do you protect your students? How do you empower them to use the internet wisely and make them aware of the dangers that lurk behind our protection? I cannot, we cannot, make their choices for them and that pains me. Maybe this is retribution for the pain I caused my parents! Maybe its not, its a natural progression and evidence that I care.

my questions - will I be able to keep up with the technological advances before me? Is it my fate to walk into the realm of the Jetsons? Is resistance pertinent or benificial? Actually, I am in the frustration phase of learning, which means I am growing. The designers and officials of pbwiki are supportive and encouraging. They offer webinars to people like me so that I can learn how to protect my children, how to use a wiki efficiently and for purposes that benefit students or whomever. I am learning how to use e-learning authoring tools and although my mental muscles ache from the strenuous workouts Dr. J organized, I hold to the hope that i will be better and more fluent in e-learning by the end of this quarter...and I will make it.

No comments: